Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 1 - Proof is in the Pudding

What's up team? I'm Jared.

I'm back and I'm going to attempt to truly prove that anything is possible. I'll be starting from scratch with ZERO money. The name of the blog is Team Bottom Up because I hope to have many who are in the same position as me to join up, face their fears, and finally gain confidence and money through internet marketing.

Well, after a year and some change of taking off from chasing the dream and being a lazy ass, I've come to the realization that dreams are never too big and I was doing diddely squat to achieve ANYTHING. If I'm not chasing the eventual passive payday, I might as well get a regular JOB and get paid weekly. As of now though, my hatred for having a boss and committing time to something that I don't have a desire to do is strong enough for me to make this blog and type this up.

Before I get into my goals I want to make a mantra or mission statement to make sure my readers know exactly what I'm trying to do with this blog and for the community. I will be reshaping this as I grow with the times and get better at what I do. I'll be brainstorming some ideas I have so that it really fits the blog. But for now I'll go with "The Only Limits We Have Is Ourselves". It might sound cliche but I've truly been battling myself since 2008 when I first attempted making money online.

My Goals Starting September 29, 2012:

So by the end of 2012 

  1. I am aiming for at least 24 avid readers of this blog. How? There is 3 months left starting in October so I will need at least 8 confirmed new readers each month. I will post at the minimum of 4 times a week but I will aim for once a day. This will get me into the eyes of Google and hopefully 8 new readers a month.
  2. To make $300 dollars from any method online by December 30, 2012 How? Through this blog, Adsense, Fiverr, Services... Pretty much by any ethical means necessary that is online. $300 isn't a lot but it's a solid foundation and is achievable.
*NOTE* I don't want to depend on Google for traffic. I want to build a following so Google is secondary. Being relevant to my audience is top priority.

October Goals

  1. Attain my first 8 readers and confirm through discussion or emails.
  2. $100 dollars from any online source.
  3. Get to 30 Twitter followers.
Goals are meant to be adjustable so these might change in the future.

I feel like this is Deja Vu. Feeling the urge to put in the work and change my life forever but I also know that soon after the initial spark the energy runs out. Will I learn from my previous mistakes?

Let me know what challenges you've had in the past when it comes to time management, trying too many methods out at once, or just plain quitting. 

I look forward to seeing your responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment